Course Level 10: suitable for S1 (12 to 13 years old)
- Level 10 begins six years of continuous preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education exam.
- Students are taught self expression in this Level.
- They will learn to write formally, descriptively guided & ‘open-ended’.
- The Student will read fiction, read for information and read instructions.
- They will discuss 16 different topics and make individual presentations.
- They will also continue to develop their grammar knowledge, practise their pronunciation and develop their knowledge of poetry.
Course Level 11: suitable for S2 (13 to 14 years old)
- Level 11 is the second part of six years of continuous preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education.
- The Student will be taught to recall details, sequence, make inferences, analyse information, predict outcomes and use contextual clues.
- In addition, they will be taught to enhance written text with feelings and emotions.
- They will be taught to change poetry into prose, as well as write advertisements & stories.
- Language practice continues with using and understanding idioms, suffixes, prefixes; as well as writing & using conversational gambits. Grammar concentrates on the tenses especially past tense and perfect tense.
- Conditionals are also revised along with prepositions etc. Correct pronunciation is emphasized, as is rising and falling intonation.
Course Level 12: S3 (14 to 15 years old)
- Level 12 is the third part of six years of continuous preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education exam.
- The Student will be taught to choose vocabulary specific to the topic, summarise ideas and information.
- The student will be expected to demonstrate the ability to use correct written and oral grammar.
- Grammar work concentrates on phrasal verbs, revises idioms and introduces proverbs.
- Authentic stories will be analysed and discussed.
- Science fiction stories generate discussion and descriptive language.
- The students are taught to recognise metaphors and discuss environmental issues.