Course Level 13: suitable for S4 (12 to 13 years old)
- Level 13 is the fourth part of six years of continuous preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education exam.
- The student will be taught to discuss topics at length and engage fluently in discussion.
- Topic subjects will become more sophisticated & the volume of work increases.
- Presentations are practised & are followed with critical assessment & debate. Students will be guided to express opinions on a variety of topics.
- Topics & stories provide practise for the HKDSE Reading Paper.
- Planning and execution of written creative is reviewed with attention to grammar and punctuation.
Course Level 14: suitable for S5 (13 to 14 years old)
- Level 14 is the fifth part of six years of continuous preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education exam.
- The Student will be taught to think and communicate; to acquire, develop and apply knowledge; to respond and give expression to experience – all at an advanced level.
- The Student will learn how to respond and give expression to real and imaginary experiences.
- This is achieved by introducing new topics concentrating on world-wide problems including language difficulties experienced at university.
- The aim is to broaden the students’ knowledge of & competency in English.
Course Level 15: S6 (14 to 15 years old)
- Level 15 provides the last year of preparation & support for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education exam.
- The Student will be taught to write in many styles: diary, journalistic, creative, letter formats, e-mail, notes etc.
- The students are encouraged to create and develop a character, around which they write a story.
- The student will study different styles of poetry, prepare a CV, use persuasive writing, understand copywriting and proofing of their own work.
- The student will develop the skill of reading prose and poetry out loud and how to build tension through pace, silence and delivery.
- The Student will prepare for the HKDSE exam & adherence to learning targets & objectives will be checked & revised.