Need a workshop for your teachers?
Don’t know why the Phonic Course isn’t working for you?
Introduction to phonic teaching at Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary schools.
Well Mrs Shannon has designed the perfect workshop for your teachers.
In 3 hours, Mrs Shannon will transform your staff and school.
The Workshop may include:
- An Introduction to phonics teaching at secondary school
- Integrating phonics teaching into content & context
- Teaching phonic rules & systems
- Differences between Synthetic/Analytical phonics
- Explanation of the sounds – First Vowel Sounds
- Explanation of IPA – explanation of decoding
- Reminder about 44 sounds. Lists of vowel sounds
- Reminder about consonants. Lists of consonants
- Single sounds, double letters, consonant blends
- Consonant digraphs, vowel digraphs, diphthongs, triphthongs
- Explanation of ‘oo’ + ‘r’ controlled vowels
- Actual teaching examples
- IPA chart to emphasis the ‘schwa’
- Best practises for teaching phonics at secondary school
If you prefer, we’re happy to adapt the above to your specific requirements.
PLEASE call us on 2512 9338 for more details.